Amy Ruth Tobol
- Academic School:
Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Academic Department:
Social Science and Public Affairs
- 718-783-4400 ext:1742
- B.A. in French from University at Buffalo - State University of New York
- J.D. in Law from University at Buffalo - State University of New York
- Ph.D. in American Studies from University at Buffalo - State University of New York
- Social Science
Dr. Tobol is a professor with the Department of Social Sciences and Public Affairs in the Division of the Social and Behavioral Sciences. She mentors in a wide range of subject areas: criminal justice, aging and society, security studies (terrorism), law related studies, American Studies (race, class, gender), women's studies (gender violence, women in politics) and other related areas. As a generalist mentor, Dr. Tobol works with students across disciplines to design degree programs and progress to graduation.
In addition, Dr. Tobol serves on various statewide and department committees addressing workplace climate concerns, developing programming in various areas and assisting colleagues.
- Kantz, B. and Tobol, A.R. (2014). "The Memorial Quilt at Empire State College" in Fanuzzi, R. and Wolfe, M. eds., RECOVERING 9/11 IN NEW YORK, Upon Tyne, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Popova-Gonic, V. and Tobol, A.R. (2011). "PLA-Based Curriculum: Humanistic Model of Higher Education" in THE JOURNAL OF CONTINUING HIGHER EDUCATION, Vol. 59, Issue 3.
- Tobol, A.R. (2006). "Review of KICKSTART: A COSMIC BIKER BABE'S GUIDE TO LIFE AND CHANGING THE PLANET" in International Journal of Motorcycle Studies.
- Tobol, A.R. (2000) "Lawyers and law firms" in Eisenstadt, P. ed. THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF NEW YORK STATE, Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press.
- Tobol, A.R. (1998) "Integrating social values into the teaching of legal research and writing: reflections from the field" in Cooper, P. and Trubek, L. eds. EDUCATING FOR JUSTICE: SOCIAL VALUES AND LEGAL EDUCATION. Hampshire, UK: Dartmouth Publishing Company