- Academic School:
Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Academic Department:
- 845-563-9905 ext:3462
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering from University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
- M.S. in Macromolecular Science and Engineering from University of Michigan
- Ph.D. in Macromolecular Science and Engineering from University of Michigan
- Science, Technology & Society
In 2009 I had the privilege of joining Empire State College as a faculty member of the Hudson Valley Region and the Science, Math and Technology Division. Within the SMT Division, I am also a member of both the Math and the Natural Sciences departments. Physically, I am located in the Newburgh office and work with students both locally and at a distance. As an instructor, I offer courses in Mathematics, Chemistry and Introductory General Science. As a mentor, during my tenure at ESC, I have enjoyed working with students from all areas of study in the development of their degree programs. Teaching and mentoring others is one of my passions, which is why being part of Empire State College has been a great opportunity and a true privilege.
- Shaibat, M.A., Casabianca, L.B., Siberio-Pérez, D.Y., Matzger, A.J., Ishii, Y. “Distinguishing Polymorphs of the Semiconducting Pigment Copper Phthalocyanine by Solid-State NMR and Raman Spectroscopy”, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2010, 114, 4400–4406.
- Siberio-Pérez, D.Y., Wong-Foy, A.G., Yaghi, O.M., Matzger, A.J. “Raman Spectroscopic Investigation of CH4 and N2 Adsorption in Metal-Organic Frameworks”, Chem. Mater. 2007, 19, 3681-3685.
- Siberio-Pérez, D.Y. “Adsorption of Gases and Large Polycyclic Organic Molecules in Metal-Organic Frameworks”, PhD Dissertation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006.
- Centrone, A., Siberio-Pérez, D.Y., Millward, A.R., Yaghi, O.M., Matzger, A.J., Zerbi, G. “Raman Spectra of Hydrogen and Deuterium Adsorbed on a Metal-Organic Framework”, Chem. Phys. Lett., 2005, 411, 516-519.
- Chae, H.K., Siberio-Pérez, D.Y., Kim, J., Go, Y.B., Eddaoudi, M., Matzger, A.J., O’Keeffe, M., Yaghi, O.M. “A Route to High Surface Area, Porosity and Inclusion of Large Molecules in Crystals”, Nature, 2004, 427, 523-527. Featured in: Chemical & Engineering News, New York Times, Materials Today, Science Now, New Scientist Magazine, and BBC Radio