- Academic School:
Arts and Humanities
- Academic Department:
Literature, Communication and Cultural Studies
- 718-783-4400 ext:1744
- M.F.A. in Fiction from Brooklyn College - City University of New York
- Ph.D. in English/Creative Writing from Binghamton University, State University of New York
- Creative Writing
- Cultural Studies
I'm interested in all aspects of creative writing, particularly fiction and memoir. My recent research includes literary theory and posthumanist perspectives on cultural and ecological sustainability (ecocritcism).
- Beyond the Story of Sustainable Meat. Society & Animals, 27(1), 75-91.
- "'More Crucial Matters': Reclaiming 'Sustainability' and Transcending the Rhetoric of 'Choice' through Ecofeminist Pedagogy," coauthored with H. Louise Davis, Ethics and the Environment vol. 20.1, 2015.
- Commodities and Trading: The Eco-politics of Food, Edited Collection. Co-edited with H. Louise Davis and Madhu Sinha. Lexington Books, 2015; 2019.
- “‘Happy Cows’, ‘Happy Beef’: A Critique of the Rationales for Ethical Meat,” Environmental Humanities vol. 3, 2013.