- Academic School:
Arts and Humanities
- Academic Department:
Literature, Communication and Cultural Studies
- 718-783-4400 ext:1744
- B.F.A. in Playwriting from Brooklyn College - City University of New York
- M.F.A. in Fiction from Brooklyn College - City University of New York
- Ph.D. in English/Creative Writing from Binghamton University, State University of New York
- Creative Writing
- Cultural Studies
I'm interested in all aspects of creative writing, particularly fiction and memoir, and the emergence of experimental forms which cross boundaries between memory and imagination, such as autofiction. I am currently engaged in a book project that merges memoir and fiction, that investigates the nature of memory and what we call "true". My recent areas of research include literary theory and posthumanist perspectives on cultural and ecological sustainability (ecocriticism), as well as the intersections of feminism and ecocritical theory.
- “Discovering Sustainability in New York City” co-authored with Kevin Woo. The Journal of Environmental Education (forthcoming).
- Beyond the Story of Sustainable Meat. Society & Animals, 27(1), 75-91.
- "'More Crucial Matters': Reclaiming 'Sustainability' and Transcending the Rhetoric of 'Choice' through Ecofeminist Pedagogy," coauthored with H. Louise Davis, Ethics and the Environment vol. 20.1, 2015.
- Commodities and Trading: The Eco-politics of Food, Edited Collection. Co-edited with H. Louise Davis and Madhu Sinha. Lexington Books, 2015; 2019.
- “‘Happy Cows’, ‘Happy Beef’: A Critique of the Rationales for Ethical Meat,” Environmental Humanities vol. 3, 2013.