- Academic School:
- Academic Department:
Business, International Business, and Marketing
- 716-686-7800 ext:3870
- Ph.D. in Educational Administration, with a concentration in the Design and Management of Instructional Systems from University at Buffalo - State University of New York
- MS.Ed in Student Personnel Services from Buffalo State College - State University of New York
- B.A. in Liberal Arts with a major in Sociology from Buffalo State College - State University of New York
Since 2008, Nick has been an Assistant Professor in the Business Department at SUNY Empire State College. Other teaching experience prior to 2008 has been as an adjunct instructor at the undergraduate level at the State University of New York at Buffalo and at the graduate level at Canisius College. Also during this time period (actually from 2006 thru 2013), he organized, coordinated, and facilitated a group of senior level HR professionals from 20 of the largest companies in the Buffalo/Western New York area.
From 1992 to 2007, Nick held several senior management and executive positions in general management, business development, executive coaching, and organizational consulting at Right Management Consultants.
Prior to Right Management, he spent 14 years in professional, management, and senior management positions in Operations, Human Resources, and Claims in the property and casualty insurance industry at ITT/Hartford Insurance and Merchants Insurance Group.
· He has taught at both the graduate level (MBA) and undergraduate level in business, specializing in the field of Human resource Management
· He has taught using online, guided independent study, and residency based modalities
· Subjects taught at SUNY Empire State College include Human Resource Management, Staffing, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Business Ethics, History of Labor in the US, etc.).
Business/Organizational Consulting Experience
· At the individual level, Nick has worked in the area of individual performance, including assessment, executive coaching, career development, executive assimilation/on-boarding, and senior executive career management.
· At the group and organizational levels, he has worked in the areas of organizational performance, including team building, team development, talent management, assessing organizations, executing strategy, and managing change.