- Academic School:
- Academic Department:
- 631-496-3827 ext:6827
- AB in Sociology from Brown University
- MSW in Social Welfare from Stony Brook University - State University of New York
- Ph.D. in Social Welfare from Stony Brook University - State University of New York
- Community & Human Services
Dr. Rebecca Bonanno is an Associate Professor and Mentor in the School of Human Services and the Chair of the Department of Child and Family Studies. She teaches online courses included Counseling Children and Adolescents, Documentation in Human Services, and Stress and Coping and offers some group studies in Human Services topics at the Selden location on Long Island. Dr. Bonanno's research interests include family violence and mental health literacy among parents. A clinical social worker licensed in New York state, she practices psychotherapy with children, adolescents, and adults in Huntington, NY, and has a Post-Master's Certificate from NYU in Child and Family Therapy.
- Bonanno, R. & Veselak, K. (2019). A matter of trust: Parents’ attitudes toward child mental health information sources. Advances in Social Work, 19 (2).
- Sisselman-Borgia, A. & Bonanno, R. (2017) Rabbinical response to domestic violence: A qualitative study. Journal of Religion and Spirituality in Social Work.
- Bonanno, R. & Sisselman-Borgia, A. (2016) Blended learning for nontraditional human services students. Digital Universities: International Best Practices and Applications.
- Bonanno, R., Galuski, T. & MacMillan T. (2016) Connecting human services students with professional experiences. Journal of Human Services, 36 (1).
- Bonanno, R. & Kelly, K. (2016) Awareness Weekend: A retreat-based prevention and youth development program. Children & Schools. July 2016, 38(3).