- 212-647-7801 ext:1353
- B.S. in History from Northeastern University
- Ph.D. in Anthropology from New School for Social Research
- Historical Studies
An Associate Professor of Labor Studies, my research interests range from worker organizing in the media industry, to organized labor and the political economy of cities, to the theory and practice of worker/popular education.
- Select publications: "Labour Studies, the Liberal Arts and the Sociological Imagination," McGill Journal of Education, v. 48, no. 3, Fall 2013, pp. 551-568.
- "The Labor of Reality TV: The Case of The Deadliest Catch,” Labor: Studies in Working Class History of the Americas, v. 12, no. 4, 2015, pp. 33-49.
- “Connecting the Dots: Labor and the Digital Landscape,”v.15, no. 3, September 2018, pp. 55-76
- "At the Washington Post, Did the Guys from Corporate Win After All?" Labor: Studies in Working Class History, v. 15, no. 4, December 2018, pp. 59-76.
- “Teaching Austerity to Working Class Students: Toward a New ‘Common Sense,’” Capital & Class, v. 43, no. 2, 2019, pp. 315-337.