- 315-472-5730 ext:3178
- M.A. in Psychology from Medaille College
- B.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy from Syracuse University
- Community & Human Services
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Human Development
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Studies
Sara Farmer, LMFT is an instructor and mentor of Community and Human Services at SUNY Empire State College since 2010. Ms. Farmer mentors students in Syracuse and Watertown, and she is most known for her courses offered in the CNY Human Services Learning Community Residencies. She received her M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy from Syracuse University. Along with teaching and mentoring at ESC, Sara Farmer owns and supervises her own counseling private practice; Aisling Marriage and Family Therapy, PLLC, in North Syracuse. In her practice, Sara Farmer, LMFT is recognized for her advanced expertise in sexual issues and the transgender community. Sara teaches courses in the areas of marriage and family, human services, family intervention, grief and loss, LGBTQ studies, and sexuality. Furthermore, Sara Farmer, LMFT serves her community and ESC with her dedication to the NAACP, S.O.U.L. UUP representation, and other local ways to meet the needs of individuals in Central New York.
- Famer, S. “Considerations in Mentoring From a Transgender Ally”, All About Mentoring, SUNY Empire State College Publication, Winter 2016.
- Coolhart, D., Baker, A., Farmer, S., Malaney, M. and Shipman, D. (2012). Therapy with transsexual youth and their families: A clinical tool for assessing youth’s readiness for gender transition. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 39, 223–243.