Alan Belasen holds a Ph.D. from Rockefeller College, SUNY. For over 25 years, Dr. Belasen has been involved in executive education and development programs in the U.S. and abroad in startups, business enterprises, multinational companies, nonprofits, government agencies, academic institutions, and healthcare organizations. Dr. Belasen chaired the MBA Program at SUNY, Empire State College from 2004-2015 where he designed and supervised the implementation of the MBA in Management; MBA in Global Leadership, MBA in Healthcare Leadership, and MBA Pathway for Veterans.
Dr. Belasen has written over 140 journal articles, book chapters and conference papers on topics such as executive education, self- managed work teams; HR competencies; work motivation; women’s leadership; communication innovation, corruption in business, trusted leadership, healthcare curriculum, healthcare management, and leadership development. His articles appear in The Journal of Healthcare Management; Journal of Health Administration Education; Journal of Health Organization and Management; Leadership & Organization Development Journal; Journal of Human Resource Management; International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management; The Atlantic Journal of Communication; The International Journal of Leadership Studies, Journal of Economic Modeling; Journal of Management Development; International Journal of Sport Marketing & Sponsorship; International Journal of Strategic Communication; Journal for Advancing Business Education; Journal for Advancing Business Education; and the Proceedings of the Academy of Management.
Alan Belasen’s books include:
- Dyad Leadership and Clinical Integration: Driving Change, Aligning Strategies (HAP, 2019).
- Women in Management: A Framework for Sustainable Work-life Integration (Routledge, 2017)
- Confronting Corruption in Business: Trusted Leadership, Civic Engagement (Routledge (2016)
- Mastering Leadership: A Vital Resource for Healthcare Managers (Jones & Bartlett Learning , 2015)
- Developing Women Leaders in Corporate America: Balancing Competing Demands, Transcending Traditional Boundaries (Praeger, 2012)
- The Theory and Practice of Corporate Communication: A Competing Values Perspective (Sage, 2008)
- Leading the Learning Organization: Communication and Competencies for Managing Change (SUNY Press, 2000)
Dr. Belasen received the Outstanding Reviewer Award from the Academy of Management in 2000, 2001, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. He is the recipient of the 2017 John L. Green Award for Excellence in Business Education, The International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE); 2014-2015 SUNY Chancellors’ Award for Scholarship and Creative Activities and the 2003-2004 SUNY Empire State College’s Turben Award for Excellence in Scholarship.